- Steve PASCO
- Newsletter BETA RACING
- 1177 views
Now that winter is over, we're all eager to get back on the saddle and fire up the engine. Giving shape to this anticipation built up over the past few months, Beta presents the most high-performance version of the EVO family yet - the new Evo Factory My 2022.
Working in close collaboration with the Beta Factory Team and the riders Matteo Grattarola, Lorenzo Gandola, Sondre Haga and Aniol Gelabert, the R&D division has taken the performance of the Evo Factory to even greater heights, further honing a model that has evolved over time while remaining the benchmark in its class and the bike to beat in world championships. The result is a machine whose spirit and style embody the essence of racing.
The EVO range is one of the most extensive in this class, and offers a total of four different Factory versions created to meet the needs of every possible rider:
BETA 125 EVO Factory 2022
The smallest homologation-ready bike in the range. Light and agile, this is perfect for young riders moving up from lower classes and making their first forays into more serious competitions. It is the benchmark bike in its class. The engine delivers enough performance to overcome any obstacle in safety, while still being fun and easy to handle.
BETA 250 EVO Factory 2022
This is the ideal bike for riders looking for an agile and easily controllable 2-stroke, with a more docile temperament and with slightly less power and torque than the range- topping model. The Evo 250 is ideal for the amateur looking for class-beating performance combined with precisely manageable power and impeccable rideability.
BETA 300 EVO Factory 2022
The 300 2 Str is the range-topping model in the Evo family. A bike for lovers of big capacity engines with impressive torque at all engine speeds, and the perfect base for competing even at pro levels. The size of both the frame and the engine have optimised to maximise the ability of the bike to overcome even the most challenging obstacles and the most technically difficult trials. The solution for expert riders looking for bike class-beating performance, but which is intuitive and manageable from moment you get the saddle.
BETA 300 EVO 4T Factory 2022
The 4-stroke model also boasts capacity of 300 cc, and strikes the balance performance, tractable engine power overall usability. engine embraces completely approach to riding than its 2-stroke siblings with plenty and linear, progressive, delivery.
The differences between the engines equipping Factory versions and standard version are listed below:
- Magnesium crankcase with black finish: featuring a particularly eye-catching design, this component contributes significantly to reducing weight, maximising the agility of the bike.
- Titanium header: increases performance over the standard version while also reducing weight (conical cylinder connector flange on 125 cc model only).
- Trimmed clutch discs: created specifically to maximise clutch precision and controllability in every possible situation and make even the most advanced repetitive tricks easier to manage, such as the rear wheel hops typical of today's riding style - ensuring extreme precision every time.
- Cylinder with optimised transfer port geometry: accentuates the racing soul of the engine to offer more full-bodied torque and improved responsiveness without compromising linear power delivery.
- Head with dedicated volume and squish band (300 cc only): to take performance even further, the cylinder of the 300 version features a more advanced head. The red paint finish underscores the “factory” look of the bike.
- Optimised engine control unit maps: ensuring outstanding low-end grunt without sacrificing power at mid to high engine speeds.
- Black anodised engine oil plugs.
- Front fork with modified elastic response and compression adjustment characteristics: even more progressive hydraulic damping response offers advantages both when absorbing shocks from the terrain and when the rider compresses the fork to bounce onto obstacles.
- Mono-shock with optimised spring guide geometry and red spring: the characteristics of the rear mono-shock have also been optimised to soak up the biggest shocks more effectively, making the bike easier to control for the rider in even the most technical situations. This has been made possible by using a more deformable bush which allows more room for expansion, and by the availability of a number of different compression and rebound damping settings.
- Progressive linkage: the configuration of the rear suspension progressive linkage is optimised to ensure maximum traction and superior feel.
- Steering yokes machined from billet alloy with gold anodised finish: ensuring superlative stiffness and lightness, the steering yokes also feature fore-aft adjustable handlebar brackets to let any rider set up the ideal riding position.
- Lanyard kill switch: for uncompromised safety when riding the bike.
- Chain adjusters, handlebar end plugs and footpegs with black anodised finish: these are long-lasting, lightweight components, while the non-slip steel pins on the footpegs ensure maximum grip.
- Version-specific radiator hoses in red silicone: offering improved cooling performance, these components also give the bike a thoroughbred racing look.
- Galfer racing brake discs: these discs combine superior braking power with extremely light weight, which contributes to reducing unsprung mass and maximising the agility of the bike.
- BrakTec brake and clutch master cylinders.
- Rear brake calliper with anti-vibration system for pads.
- Excel Oro wheels.
- Michelin X-light tyres: for unparalleled grip in every situation.
- New graphics: as always, the new model year comes with all-new graphics, making sure that the bike has the looks to match its class-beating performance. The EVO Factory MY 22 boasts a red, blue and white colours scheme, which is complemented by the red hydroformed frame and the black and gold details to create a no-compromise racing look.